Tuesday, April 10, 2007

letter to Hawaiian legislators on impeachment bill

This is a message I sent to Hawaii State Senators Clayton Hee (senhee@Capitol.hawaii.gov) and Russell S. Kokubun (senkokubun@Capitol.hawaii.gov ) on the Judiciary and Labor Committee.  You can find out more about SCR 83 at www.capitol.hawaii.gov.  This is the first time I have done this for other impeachment campaigns, but I should do it more often, if it helps them help all of us. 
 
Dear Senator Hee:

I am writing to ask you to bring Senate Concurrent
Resolution 83, on impeachment, to a vote in your
committee.  The text does not seem to be online [actually it is], but
it is probably something I can also recommend that you
vote for.  I am a North Carolinian (and a member of
the Grass Roots Impeachment Movement,
www.impeachbushcheney.net ), but I was asked to support
the Hawaiian impeachment movement, and if Hawaii
forces Congress to consider impeachment, it will be
fulfilling the wishes of a majority of Americans.  It
will be a while longer before we can get North
Carolina to consider and pass a similar resolution.

This is not a partisan issue and I would be as hard on
a Democrat who commits the same crimes as Bush and
Cheney (and Bill Clinton did, but that is not what
Congress decided to impeach him on).  I was as much
for impeachment when Republicans controlled Congress
as I am now that the Democrats are in control.  In
North Carolina it is mainly Democrats who support
impeachment, but they are joined by Libertarians,
Greens, other third parties, and, at least nationally,
by some Republicans.  We need to send a message that
the Bush Administration's illegal and dangerous
actions will no longer be tolerated, and impeachment
might be required to bring peace to Iraq and prevent
aggression against Iran and anything else the
Administration is planning.

Some of the main reasons that both Bush and Cheney
deserve to be impeached are illegally lying to
Congress to start the Iraq War, illegally spying on
Americans, authorizing torture, and subverting
democracy in other ways, such as through their
excessive secrecy and habitually lying on a variety of
issues.  I think they are also guilty of war crimes,
such as crimes against the peace in Iraq and targeting
civilians and journalists.  War crimes are also
illegal under American laws.  There are other offenses
that might not be illegal, but should be impeachable,
such as corrupt government (serving Big Business, such
as Enron and Halliburton, at the expense of most
Americans), inaction in the Katrina disaster, the
Patriot and Military Commissions acts, anti-unionism,
etc.

I would welcome a reply, although I am not one of your
constituents.  Thank you for considering my concerns.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Bill Clinton:

It is opined that Bill Clinton committed racist hate crimes, and I am not free to say anything further about it.

Respectfully Submitted by Andrew Y. Wang, J.D. Candidate
B.S., Summa Cum Laude, 1996
Messiah College, Grantham, PA
Lower Merion High School, Ardmore, PA, 1993

(I can type 90 words per minute, and there are probably thousands of copies on the Internet indicating the content of this post. Moreover, there are innumerable copies in very many countries around the world.)
_________________
“If only it were possible to ban invention that bottled up memories so they never got stale and faded.” Off the top of my head—it came from my Lower Merion High School yearbook.