- Violation of Americans' civil rights.
- Warrantless wiretapping and surveillance.
- Misleading Congress and the public to justify the occupation of Iraq.
- Authorizing war crimes and torture in Iraq, Afghanistan, and elsewhere.
- Undermining Congressional and court oversight.
What can regular citizens do?
- Attend the Raleigh town meeting on impeachment June 29th, 7-9pm at 3313 Wade Avenue, the Charlotte teach-in July 19th, the regional meeting in Winston-Salem July 28th, or the regional rally in Charlotte September 30 th.
- Sign the petition to Rep. Price (online at www.petitiononline.com/dsmnc/petition.html and at the Durham Food Co-op, Internationalist Books, and The People's Channel) and write to Price to support House Resolution 635 (online at thomas.loc.gov).
- Ask the Durham City Council, County Commissioners, and State Legislature to pass impeachment resolutions (contact info. at www.lwvodc.org/Contents.html).
- Ask civic groups you belong to to pass resolutions.
- Advocate impeachment in letters to newspapers.
- Wear orange on Fridays (campaign blog: orangetoimpeach.blogspot.com).
For more information about the non-partisan effort in the Triangle see:
Mark July 4th by joining the movement to reclaim our democracy!